In this exercise, you will discover the product and quotient theorems for exponents.
- To start: Click on one of the theorems.
- Click the "Next Step" button to view the next step.
- The text in blue is the step you are currently on. The text in black is a history of the previous steps.
- Do your best to find a pattern between the exponents.
- You can run through three examples for each theorem. These examples follow the same steps, but use different numbers.
- To see each example, click "No, I don't" when it asks if you see a relationship.
- Here's a hint: When the computer asks if you see a relationship, write down the numbers in blue. After going through the exercise three times, look at the three sets of numbers you wrote down. What do you notice?
Back to Scientific Notation I: The Exponent